Kress Foundation Department of Art History, University of Kansas
Title: Visiting Assistant Professor
Terms: Performs instruction and research and may perform service. Beginning level faculty position. This appointment is a non-tenure track, term appointment for one academic year only (272 days) and renewable for a second year with the expectation that one additional one-year term appointment is possible, subject to satisfactory performance and contingent on final budgetary approval. It is understood that University and Board of Regents regulations on advance notice of non-reappointment do not apply.
Reports to: Chair of Department of Art History
Starting date: August 18, 2011
1. Teach six courses per year, including undergraduate and graduate courses in Medieval art history, participation in the two-semester introductory Western art history survey, and participation in Edwards Campus instruction;
2. Provide some service to the department, including advising undergraduate students;
3. Conduct active research program.
1. PhD or ABD with specialization in Medieval art history expected by start date of appointment (August 18, 2011);
2. Commitment to teaching in Medieval art history as evidenced by letter of application;
3. Potential for an active research program in Medieval art history as evidenced by graduate coursework, publications, and/or conference presentations in the field.
1. PhD completed by May 2011;
2. College or university teaching experience;
3. Record of scholarly publication and professional activity;
4. Ability to teach the history of Northern Renaissance and/or Islamic art.
To apply: Go to https://jobs.ku.edu, search for position 00004341, and upload letter of application, c.v., and a list of 3 references. In addition, applicants must arrange to have hard copies of three letters of recommendation that evaluate scholarly potential/ achievement and teaching sent to Sally Cornelison, Medieval Search Committee Chair, Kress Foundation Department of Art History, The University of Kansas, 209 Spencer Museum of Art, 1301 Mississippi Street, Lawrence, KS 66045. For further information, contact Maud Humphrey at the same address, telephone 785-864-4713 (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Initial review of completed applications begins January 21, 2011 and continues as long as needed to identify a qualified pool. Interviews at CAA by appointment only. The successful candidate for the position must be eligible to work in the U.S. prior to the start of the appointment. EO/AA Employer.